Sunday, January 4, 2015

Whatever I want

Nelson said I could write about whatever I want so I'm writing about something that I've wanted to write about for a long time. 

I'm sick of seeing this thinly veiled pro-marijuana propaganda.
A lot of people say that the biggest danger is "getting caught with it." Really? Well, let me tell you a story.
A good friend of mine - who had never been so much as drunk in his life - decided to try marijuana on his 18th birthday. He discovered that he enjoyed it, and started smoking in moderation. On Friday evenings (when he had the time and the money to spare), he'd light up his pipe with a few friends, and they'd all watch a bad movie together.
Now, that sounds fine, right? Maybe it would have been, if it had stopped there. Unfortunately, my friend eventually discovered that he was really good at cooking while under the influence, and his little get-togethers soon included a selection of home-cooked food. People started requesting my friend's recipes, to the point where he decided to put together a cookbook. Then, in an effort to make this cookbook as high-quality as he could manage, my friend learned the basics of photography and took to documenting examples of the meals that he made. Before long, he had even taught himself some design skills... which, combined with the release of his cookbook, resulted in him getting a job offer at a publishing house.
My friend worked at that publishing house for close to a year and a half. He became well-liked and respected, and seemed to have a great career ahead of him... but then, one fateful morning, he stubbed his toe in the parking lot. According to my friend, it hurt a little bit, and he actually scuffed his shoe.
All because he'd smoked marijuana.
Don't do drugs, kids.

2 comments: