Sunday, September 21, 2014

Memories

Her face is etched on the inside of my eyelids, it's all I see when I close my eyes. Her laugh is like a broken record ringing in my ears, it's all that I hear. The memories we shared are painted on my mind. Memories of the time we went to a dance, but her parents had to take us, and how she blushed when I said she looked beautiful and at the end of the night, we held each other and didn't want to let go. The memory of sitting in a grove of trees and gazing up at the sky together, the way the stars reflected in her eyes, a million beacons of light, and that first kiss we shared that seemed to stop the flow of time as the world stopped and watched. The pain I felt when she said goodbye for the last time, and just like that, the candle that was our love was extinguished. She found another candle but I still have ours, though it gathers dust, refusing to let go and to forget about the first person I loved.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. This is really good. And it's just so relatable it hurts. In a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's amazing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete